perche-quebec.com has discovered that Angelina Jolie has many family ties with other celebrities in the film industry (Ryan Gosling, Xavier Dolan), politics (Hillary Clinton, Justin Trudeau), and music (Madonna, Justin Bieber, Celine Dion, Alanis Morissette).
All those celebrities have in common French-Canadian pioneers, and in particular Percheron pioneers.
For instance, the Percheron pioneer Zacharie Cloutier, an ancestor of most of the celebrities mentioned before, who was born in Mortagne-au-Perche.
As strange as it may seem, there is nothing exceptional about those family ties. As the Percheron pioneers were among the very first French emigrants to settle in New France, most of North Americans with French-Canadian ancestry have Percheron blood and are more or less related.
Her mother's lineage include several ancestors whose the origin is Perche.
All immigrated in the 17th century. They came from the following villages (note that the ancestor pages are available in French only):
- Beaulieu (Marie Héripel)
- Bresolettes (Guillaume Pelletier)
- Champs (Louis Guimond)
- Chemilly (Jules Trottier, Catherine Loiseau)
- Courgeon (Perrine Mallet)
- Feings (Charlotte Chevalier, Jacques Gaudry)
- Igé (Louis Gagné, Gilles Antoine Trottier)
- Jauzé (Noëlle (Nathalie) Landeau)
- La Ventrouze (Jacques et Françoise Lehoux, Renée Roger)
- Le Pin-la-Garenne (Robert Drouin)
- Mamers (Nicole Lemaire)
- Mortagne-au-Perche (Jacques Boissel, Gaspard Boucher, Marin Boucher, Charles, Louise Marie and Zacharie Cloutier, Xainte Dupont)
- Normandel (Jacques Goulet)
- Pouvrai (Antoine Bisson)
- Randonnai (Marie Tavernier)
- Saint-Cosme-en-Vairais ( Gervais Bisson, Marie Lereau, Pierre Maufay)
- Saint-Langis-les-Mortagne (François Boucher)
- Saint-Léonard-des-Parcs (Noël Langlois)
- Saint-Martin-du-Vieux-Bellême (Marie Michel)
- Tourouvre (Marguerite Gagnon, Louise Lousche, Michelle Mabille, Louise Lousche, Jean Pelletier, Henri Pinguet)
- La Ventrouze (Jeanne Jahan, Jacques Lehoux)